Hospice Care

(10/05/2024) Hospice care has officially commenced, but still in very early stages. I won't need oxygen for a while now, but have tanks at the bedside on the ready. It's a beautiful Saturday morning with Pops and Corrine. Sunny and mild fall weather in Oak Park, IL looking out at the Chicago skyline.

*10/08/2024 CORRECTION*: I had written that "Palliative care has officially commenced" on Saturday (10/5/2024) but meant to write "hospice care has officially commenced". There's not a significant difference between the two in the early stages -- you sign on a dotted line for hospice so that nurses and aids come to the apartment and set up at-home services for pain management and other forms of comfort care and they are on a loose schedule to show up once or twice a week to check in and provide tools for comfort. Different patients need different levels of support. They get paid through hospice services for all of this and care is routed through hospice rather than a hospital system.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary: I’m not dead yet

Health Update #35: Brass Tacks