Health Update #7: Surgery

Better news today: Spoke with the orthopedic surgeon this morning and they're going to move quickly to stabilize that arm and bring me some relief. I'm scheduled for outpatient surgery at 7:30 am on Monday where they will insert pins and rods to secure the bone and help it start to heal and possible remove some of the tumor. They'll also inject a pain blocker into that arm to provide a bit of relief, which should be pretty immediate in terms of the pain I've been experiencing, with some residual pain from the surgery itself. Should heal up within a couple weeks. Also switching the meds from Norco to Oxycontin which should provide much more relief and help to sleep much better at night.  

I will still continue with radiation on the tumor in my lung over the next week, but they'll hold off on radiating my shoulder until two weeks after the surgery. The surgeon seemed quite optimistic about the procedure and its efficacy in getting us where we want to be.

All in all, much better news today. 

Birdbath by Leonora Carrington


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary: I’m not dead yet

Health Update #35: Brass Tacks

Hospice Care