Health Update #12: CHEMOTHERAPY & IMMUNOTHERAPY
Monday (5/23) was my first day in the infusion bay. It was a long one -- 8:30 am to 6:30 pm with about 9 or so different medications combinations through the port in my chest. Ouch-cha-cha! I'll remember the lidocaine-prilocain cream on that port prep next time. The meds were a mixture of pain meds, anti-anxiety meds, Benadryl-type meds, steroids, anti-nausea meds, chemo meds, and immune meds. They kept me sedate and somewhat sleepy with no other adverse effects. I had brought my computer and some bills to process and other light plans, but never got to any of it. I'm not quite sure what i did for 10 hours. Corrine drove me to the infusion center and sat with me for a few hours until Laura and her husband Doug arrived.
BRIEF UPDATE (Friday a.m.): I felt great at first (from the steroids, I'm told), but the toxins from the chemo kicked in by Wednesday night and the past two days have been incredibly rough. I'll have to come back later to fill in the gaps. For now, I just wanted to get a quick note out to say that I'm ok, but very tired and achy and have quite a distressed GI. The nights are the hardest. For those who have texted or called, I appreciate the warm thoughts. I hope to get back to you over the weekend.


Comments